Many of us remember going door to door asking potential donors to enter their commitment on a sheet of paper for a community fundraising event. Whether this was for the amount of pins bowled, laps completed, hoops scored, or other units of effort, it was in support of a worthy cause.
DoJiggy’s Pledge event software makes this work easy! The system allows your fundraisers to email friends and family with a link to their own personal fundraising webpage. Many organizations report raising two to four times more money by using our online fundraising software and extending the reach of their campaigns.
There are two options for accepting donations with your DoJiggy Pledge website. Here we will detail each option.
Flat Rate Donations or Pledges
We suggest configuring your Pledge website to accept flat-rate donations or pledges, whenever possible. This allows your organization to receive fundraising dollars in advance of the event, and requires less work from an administrative perspective.
Benefits of soliciting flat-rate donations include:
- Donors can pledge any amount they choose in support of the participant or cause. There is no need to guess or estimate what the actual donation amount will be.
- The donation is not performance based, such as the amount of miles completed in a walk-a-thon. It assumes that the fundraiser will complete the event in it’s entirety and the administrator does not need to later verify the units of effort completed.
- Administrators and participants have the ability to analyze their fundraising achievements before the event even starts.
Per Unit of Effort Pledges
With per unit of effort pledges participants ask for donations based on the outcome of their performance, such as miles completed, bowling pins downed, or swimming laps accomplished. One major benefit of this type of event is that per unit of effort pledges can stimulate participants to perform to their utmost capability.
Remember with this type of event:
- Pledges taken in this manner can only be calculated at the end of an event.
- Participants and administrators alike will not know if they’ve met their fundraising goals until the event is over.
Many organizations combine these two options, thus recognizing the specific accomplishments of participants while offering a more general donation structure for those who want to donate in this way. Whichever method you choose, accepting online donations is sure to increase your fundraising capability!