Online fundraising is the process of using the Internet to solicit and collect donations for your cause. Online fundraising should be easy and intuitive for your constituents to give, by presenting a clear call to action. Whether you want your users to donate to your school or participant in a walk-a-thon, DoJiggy makes online fundraising easy!
Online Fundraising with DoJiggy Includes:
- Customizable, Mobile-Optimized Website Templates
- Simple Participant & Team Registration Forms
- Secure Online Payment & Donation Processing
- Fundraising Thermometers
- Sponsorship Registration & Management
- Product Sales
- Administration Area for Progress Tracking & Generating Reports
Get started today with affordable,
easy-to-use Online Fundraising Software!
Benefits of Online Fundraising for Non-Profits
Extend Your Organization’s Reach
A primary benefit of online fundraising is the ability to extend your reach beyond your community. Fundraising used to be about walking door-to-door and asking neighbors to make donations, or making personal phone calls to family and friends. With online fundraising, your network expands globally. As well, your constituents can easily engage in fundraising efforts by sending donation requests via email or posting links from their social networks or sharing videos on YouTube. All of these things help drive potential donors to your website. By asking people to forward your request to their network, your reach grows exponentially.
Offer a One-Stop Fundraising Hub
By implementing an online fundraising campaign, you create a fundraising website which becomes the central hub for your fundraiser. Here’s the place where you direct potential donors to learn more about your cause and make online donations. This is where all information is shared and data is stored.
- Your fundraising website can be accessed anytime from a laptop, mobile phone, or tablet.
- Customize your website by adding pictures, logos and statements that mirror your brand and explain the reason for your fundraiser.
- With a fundraising event, all event details are hosted on the online fundraising website including: date, time, location with links to maps, and much more. If something changes, it’s a simple adjustment on the administration side (rather than reprinting of flyers or brochures).
Case in Point: When DoJiggy client, Mike Napolitano, invested in an online fundraiser to raise money for local schools, he found that the website turned out to be a great networking tool. It brought people together. Participants were able to upload photos and make a pitch for pledges while supporters could leave encouraging comments. Everyone went to the site to learn how to prepare for a physically challenging bike ride, to catch up on news and updates, and to read tips on how to solicit donations. The website was an easy place for media covering the event to learn about the concerns of the community and monitor progress. Plus, the website lent more credibility for potential supporters and participants. Read more about Mike’s experience at Ride for a Reason: Biking to Make Oakland Schools Excellent
Online fundraising simplifies all financial transactions normally associated with fundraising and event management. Participants are easily able to register online, purchase tickets, join teams, and more (rather than mailing in checks and registration forms). Online fundraising also allows for secure online payment processing via credit card. After transactions are made, our online software tools track payments, manage recurring donations, and generate various financial reports. Participants are easily able to track progress as donations are tracked in real-time. Every time a contribution is made, fundraisers can track this against goals. Administrators can also generate numerous financial and participant reports.
Online Fundraising Event Registrations
Fundraising events are a great way to raise money for your cause. Some of the biggest and best ideas include walk-a-thon fundraisers, or other peer-to-peer fundraising events, charity golf tournaments, and fundraising gala events.Consider integrating an online event registration solution to help you manage the various details of your event.
Benefits of Online Fundraising Event Registrations:
- Online registrations have replaced paper and fax registrations
- Allows for receiving money upfront without the hassle of checks and printing costs of forms
- Most people now prefer to interact in an online environment. Offering sign-up and payment with a credit card rather than mailing paperwork and a check is faster, safer and easier for participants!
- Effective for all types of fundraising events that have paid registrations
- Security is key with online registrations ensuring participant, volunteer and sponsor information is not shared or lost, and credit card payments are securely processed
- Online fundraising event registration allows administrators to generate various reports including: event attendee contact lists, donor reports, financial reports, and automatically sending receipts when people register online
Start with the Fundraising Basics
The definition of fundraising (or fund raising) is “the process of soliciting and gathering contributions as money or other resources, by requesting donations from individuals, businesses, charitable foundations, or other agencies.” So, with this definition in mind, online fundraising is the process of soliciting funds and gathering contributions by requesting donations online – through your organization’s website(s), social media accounts and partner channels.
Online fundraising doesn’t need to exclude any of the old tactics that traditional fundraising held dear. You’ll still want to:
- establish financial goals and a fundraising event budget
- find ways to clearly communicate your cause to your audience
- promote your fundraising event widely, both online and via traditional methods like event flyers
- and reach out to family and friends to gain support.
Online fundraising doesn’t mean you can’t still make phone calls or walk to the neighbors house to request a donation. But online fundraising goes beyond the old fundraising strategies. The online fundraising software available today helps organizers streamline the fundraising process by implementing tools to help manage all the moving parts of a fundraising campaign, and these tools also make the process of collecting donations easier for participants.
Online Fundraising Software & Resources
So whether you host a traditional annual fund drive or are planning a unique fundraising event, online fundraising websites can help your organization become more efficient in your planning efforts while raising more money for your cause. DoJiggy offers a number of online fundraising software solutions that include complete a web-based registration and donation management system. This makes the registration and donation-collection process easy and fun for participants.
We have affordable software packages for:
- Crowdfunding and Peer-to-Peer Events
- Online Event Registration and Management
- Charity Golf Tournaments
- General and Recurring Donation Campaigns
- School Websites
- Non-profit WordPress Websites
Focus on Crowdfunding
Crowdfunding and peer-to-peer fundraising is one of the most powerful forms of online fundraising today. Why? Crowdfunding event participants can easily sign-up using the online fundraising event registration interface. After registering, they create their own personal fundraising page where they post personal mission statements, photos and fundraising goals. They now have a great place to direct family, friends, and neighbors to tell their story and provide an easy way for potential donors to make contributions. Donors can make secure online donations and pledges to individual and teams directly through the fundraising page. Participants monitor their progress with a fundraising thermometer that measures progress against their fundraising goal.
In previous years, participants would fill out registration forms, and then receive pledge sheets or donation envelopes, which they’d take to neighbors, work and church asking family and friends to make a donation to support their cause. Participants collected cash or check (due to the inability to process credit cards) which limited the amount donors could contribute, and created more time, and documentation work for each participant. With an online fundraising solution, instead of going door-to-door, participants can send out an email to all their contacts with a link to their personalized fundraising page, where they can process donations online. Event participants may also post messages within their social networking circles ( Facebook, Twitter) directing friends and followers to their online donations page.
Check out DoJiggy’s easy, affordable online fundraising software packages. See our fundraising tips and fundraising strategies pages for more guidance in getting started with an online fundraising campaign.