Valentine's Day Fundraising Ideas
Looking for Valentine's Day Fundraising Ideas? Valentine's Day is a perfect time to host a themed fundraiser to bring in revenue for your school or non-profit organization. Although Valentine's Day is not an official holiday, it is one of the most popular days of the year for celebrating and in-turn spending money on the ones we love. See below for some popular Valentine's Day fundraising ideas that are easy and fun to implement.
Valentine's Day Fundraising Events
Fundraising events work great for Valentine's Day fundraising. A wonderful way to celebrate this day of love and giving is by bringing people together and offering them a chance to give-back to their favorite charity or cause, straight from the heart. People are always looking for a unique and special way to show their love to their special someone - why not make it your fundraising event?
Be sure to come up with a fun theme that does not alienate any of your supporters or donors. Not everyone is a couple or looking for the perfect tall, dark and handsome stranger. You may not want to consider an event that isn't strictly for couples, but an event that attracts both couples and singles alike. Here are some fun Valentine's Day Event Ideas:
- Wine Tasting Events: Valentine's Day is a perfect opportunity to host a wine tasting fundraiser. In fact, some people see wine tasting as a different kind of love affair. Partner with a licensed wine dealer and host a classy event guaranteed to satisfy your donors. Charge admission for the event and offer a selection of various wines for attendees to taste, along with commentary from a wine expert. Ask a local market to donate some fine cheese and chocolates to compliment the wine selections. Invite a local guitarist or vocalist to play acoustic music and create a festive mood. Following the event, offer wines for sale at exclusive discounted prices. This special pricing, promoted widely on social media and your website, may be enough to draw in a crowd. Pair the event with a silent auction to bring in even more funds for your organization.
- Chocolate Tasting Fundraisers: Same as above but with fine chocolates as the featured event. Need we say more? Invite press to attend the event and sample the various delicatessens. Everyone loves chocolate!
- Valentine's Dances: Dances are great fundraisers for the student council or other school groups, but they can also be hosted by other types of organizations. Rent a place within your community such as a church or school gymnasium and sell tickets to the event. Decorate with Valentine's themed decorations. Hire a band to play songs that everyone can dance to (not only couple songs). Invite people to send a "singing Valentine's telegram" from one of the band members throughout the night. Incorporate a dance-contest, where couples or friends can compete to win prizes. Partner with a local restaurant to offer food and beverages for purchase.
- Bake Sales: Since Valentine's day is often associated with sweets, why not host a fundraising bake sale? Invite members of your organization to prepare their favorite baked goods - desserts, sweets, decorated cookies and candies and host the event the day before Valentine's Day. Invite your local community to stop by the sale; be sure that you host the bake sale at a convenient location with foot traffic. Offer a prize for the best baked good. Sell the goodies for a small fee, nicely wrapped in festive paper and décor for people to give to their loved ones. This is a great youth event that can be held after school or church.
- Valentine's Alternative Events: Not everyone wants to see hearts and roses for Valentine's Day. Some people actually like to avoid the day altogether. Your organization could host a fun alternative Valentine's event, such as a scavenger hunt or obstacle course fundraiser, if your audience is largely single or alternative. Promote it as an alternative event and have fun!
Be My Valentine Raffle
With any of these Valentine's Day fundraising ideas, you may also want to consider obtaining prizes and offering a fundraising raffle as part of your event. Reach out to a hotel for a romantic weekend getaway complete with room, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Ask a spa to donate a massage so one may spoil him or herself this Valentine's Day, or ask restaurants to provide gift certificates for fine dining. Offer a gift basket for raffle complete with fine wines and cheeses. If you have the right constituency to consider luxurious and one of a kind travel packages, check our our No Risk Travel Packages that can be used for fundraising raffles and silent auctions alike. There are many options for raffle prizes and a Valentine's raffle provides an excellent opportunity for your organization to raise additional funds for your cause. And our Event Management Software allows you to promote the raffle on social media and sell raffle tickets on your website, to extend the reach of your fundraiser.
Valentine's Day Fundraising Donation Drive
Every year people search for the perfect gift to give to their loved ones. This year, encourage supporters to spread their love through helping those in need. For example, instead of spending $100 on a new necklace for your wife, donate $100 towards a cause you and your wife support. When your wife opens up the envelope with a receipt and explanation of your donation, she'll be thrilled to see how big her husband's heart is and how selfless the gift was. It may even become an annual tradition that you and your significant other participate in together.
If you decide to host a donation drive, make donating easy! Set up a free donations website from DoJiggy where members of your organization, previous donors and other supporters can easily go online to make a secure online donation with a credit card. Then create a Valentine's donation certificate that can be printed as a gift receipt. You may want to consider offering a small gift such as a box of chocolates as part of the receipt for those who donate a certain amount. Once their donation is made, you send the chocolates or bouquet of flowers to their home - which can be a small gift to present along with the donations certificate.
Whatever you decide to do for your Valentine's Fundraiser, it will surely be a success with the right planning, promotion and fundraising software tools.