Raffle Fundraising Platform for Easy Online Raffles
Managing online raffle fundraising has never been easier! Nonprofit organizations can sell raffle tickets on our donor-friendly raffle website and in person, then select an automated or manual raffle drawing. We make it simple with our fundraising platform that manages all the details for nonprofit and charity raffles.
- NO SUBSCRIPTION Required
- FREE Online Raffle Sales
- FREE Custom Website Branding
- FREE Gamification Elements (Countdown, Thermometer, Chatter, Livestream)
- FREE PRICING with Optional Donor Tips
Setup Your Free Online Raffle Website Today
Features of Our Raffle Fundraising Platform
Our raffle fundraising software offers the most functionality in the marketplace. Raffle software features include:
- Ability to include free merchandise with raffle ticket purchases
- Add one raffle prize or multiple prizes
- Fundraising thermometer to track online fundraising progress
- Live streaming platform for virtual fundraising events
- Sponsor promotion via sponsor logos and links to website and social media
- Easy social media share options
- Ability to incorporate peer-to-peer fundraising, where fundraisers sell raffle tickets via personal fundraising pages
- The system can automatically draw winners from all entries, or the administrator can draw winners
- Sharing rewards options to reward supporters who share links and bring in other donors with more raffle entries
- Text to Give and mobile giving features to make promoting the raffle easy
- Pricing flexibility – pay a percentage of credit card sales or use the platform for free with our optional tipping model
Beautiful Raffle Fundraising Websites
Our donor-friendly raffle websites will impress your supporters.
- Select from easy-to-customize templates with no code required.
- Interactive features: Fundraising thermometer, donor comments, countdown timer, and donations received displays.
- Promote sponsors on the website with sponsor logos, text, and Social Media links.
- Offer merchandise or impact levels with your raffle tickets.
- Peer-to-peer pages allow advocates to sell and track raffle ticket sales.
Mobile Fundraising with Text to Donate and QR Codes
Make it easy for supporters to reach your page with custom URLs, text to donate, and QR codes. Text to Donate allows donors to easily support your organization anytime and anywhere from their mobile phones. Supporters will text your fundraising campaign’s keyword to a designated phone number. In return, they will receive a link to your website to make a mobile donation.
Raffle Ticket Tiers
Offer tiered pricing options to entice your supporters to donate more. With more tickets for their dollar (or other currency), they have a better chance to win prizes. It’s a win-win for your donors and your cause.
Watch raffle donations increase by adding merchandise and impact levels to incentivize donors. The more your supporters donate, the more epic the swag gets.
Custom Branding and Communications
Why advertise your platform provider when you can promote your organization? Our raffle platform and email templates can be branded to meet your organization’s nonprofit brand identity and standards. Add your organization’s logo, favicon, and color scheme for a professional-looking website and campaign.
The platform includes a built-in email system allowing event managers to easily email backers. These lists are updated as donations occur. Communication is key to fundraising success, and we make it easy!
More Features and Benefits of Our Platform
Managing Raffle Sales and Donations Online
Fundraising raffles are a great option for a group of any size, as a successful fundraising raffle can produce high profit margins with few upfront costs. One of the most important considerations when planning a drawing is securely managing the money raised through raffle ticket sales and donations. Online raffle sales allow your organization to accept credit cards, make it easy for your constituents to participate, and make it less hassle for ticket sellers to collect cash and checks.
DoJiggy Delivers Best-of-Class Software for Online Raffle Fundraising
Fundraise the Easy Way with Automated Online Raffle Fundraising
DoJiggy provides a state-of-the-art online raffle management system for charity and nonprofit raffles. Our peer-to-peer software even allows volunteers or students to collect raffle donations on your organization’s behalf. Each seller creates and manages a fundraising page and invites friends and family to make secure raffle donations. Organizers can also include free merchandise for raffle donations. So, for example, anyone who contributes $50 gets a free t-shirt or swag bag.
An online tool like this makes it easy for supporters to promote the raffle fundraiser and for the organization to track which individuals or groups (classes, clubs) raise the most money. A fundraising thermometer and leaderboards are included in your website template so that everyone can track fundraising progress. Ticket sellers promote their fundraising page on Facebook and social media platforms or email neighbors, co-workers, relatives, and anyone in their address book. The added incentive of offering prizes to the top fundraisers will help your organization raise more money on your next fundraising raffle.
Many fundraiser raffles are held in conjunction with a fundraising event. Raffle tickets can be sold online, with event registrations, sponsorship promotion, and more on our raffle platform.
Raffle Website Pricing
With DoJiggy, your organization selects the best pricing option for you. You can either choose to pay a percentage of funds raised or allow your supporters to place a tip to cover platform fees. In this way, you can run an online raffle free of charge and keep all the funds raised. When supporters select to tip on free raffles, they receive extra chances to win. All of this is managed in the raffle software.
There are no platform fees with free pricing. Optional tips from your supporters allow us to offer the platform free of charge. Donors receive an incentive of extra entries for tipping, and your organization runs the campaign for free.
Percent pricing is an excellent alternative to suit some organizations better. There are no upfront costs, and fees are applied to each credit card transaction. This model lets you decide if your organization or supporters will cover the cost.
Is Charitable Raffle Fundraising Legal?
Charitable raffle laws in the US are handled under state gaming and lottery regulations. Several states do not allow fundraising raffles in their jurisdiction, even for registered nonprofits. Be sure to check with your state’s Attorney General’s office or local regulatory agency before planning a raffle to determine regulations surrounding nonprofit raffles in your area. Canadian charity raffles are regulated in much the same way by each province.
For a raffle to be legal, the fundraising proceeds must directly benefit a legally registered nonprofit or charitable organization. You must verify that you can legally organize a raffle by proving your charitable status before going live with your raffle website. If your organization is domiciled in a state where online raffles are prohibited, you cannot use our raffle software platform. You may wish to consider an online charity sweepstakes instead, which has different legal requirements.
Many payment processing gateways (including PayPal) consider raffle fundraising the same as gambling and do not allow organizations to process raffle funds. Our raffle platform integrates with Stripe for easy and secure online payment processing for raffles.
US Raffle Laws by State
States have the exclusive rights to determine what is allowed and what is not in terms of gaming in the US. With gaming laws varying significantly from one state to another, understanding the specific requirements in your jurisdiction is crucial to conducting your fundraising activities legally and successfully. If your organization is domiciled in a US state where online raffles are prohibited, you cannot use our raffle software platform. We’ve compiled a list of every U.S. state and its raffle laws to assist your organization.
Raffle Laws in Canadian Provinces and Territories
Each province regulates Canadian charity raffle regulations, which can vary greatly. We have compiled this list of Canadian province and territory raffle laws for reference purposes. We cannot provide legal advice, but please find your province or territory and start here to verify the legality of running an online charity raffle in Canada.
Establishing Raffle Fundraising Goals
Determining how much money you wish to raise from the raffle is the first step in creating fundraising goals. Once you determine your fundraising goal, you’ll set your price structure. Many organizations have a single raffle ticket price and a discounted rate for multiple purchases.
Next, decide if your participants have a minimum number of tickets to sell. For example, if a sports team raises money for new equipment, each team member may be tasked with selling at least ten raffle tickets. Setting realistic goals always helps with raffle sales. Make sure to allow a reasonable amount of time for the raffle ticket sales (at least one month to 6 weeks). Trying to sell raffle tickets at the last minute will make it challenging to accomplish your goals and have a successful campaign.
Don’t forget to create incentives for your ticket sellers. Establish milestones that reward sellers and great prizes for top performers. This will motivate your group to achieve more and keep everyone focused on the fundraising goals.
Setting Raffle Ticket Prices
The raffle ticket price should be high enough to reflect the value of the prize and raise the funds needed, but it shouldn’t be so high that few will buy a ticket. You have to know your audience to know what the market can bear in terms of raffle ticket pricing. Remember that if students participate and purchase tickets, you’ll want to have some low-price point items and plan to sell more tickets. You can charge higher ticket prices for the larger prizes. Many organizations have a single raffle ticket price (say $20-30) and a discounted rate for multiple purchases (perhaps 5 for $100).
Successful Fundraising Raffle Essentials – The Prizes!
Appealing prizes make for a successful charity raffle. After all, this will be the first question people will ask when approached to purchase tickets. Make sure the prizes are desirable and relevant to your audience and location. Relevancy is essential to your success – for example, while gun raffles are popular with sporting groups and clubs, a gun raffle would not be appropriate for a school fundraiser.
Though you always want to ask for donations first, don’t limit your fundraising raffle to donated items. This is a mistake that many organizations make, as they want to keep all of the raffle proceeds. Yet organizations can raise far more money with desirable, high-value items. We’re not talking about $1 raffles at the football game; in this case, donated prizes are acceptable and necessary to raise money. But if your school or organization wants to raise $10,000 or even more on a fundraising raffle, you will likely need to purchase the grand prize.
Here are some great raffle prize ideas that are sure to attract attention:
- Travel Packages: Offering a travel package is always a great grand prize, as most people love to travel and are limited by budget. Approach an airline that uses your city as a hub and ask them to donate two round-trip domestic tickets. It’s great advertising for them, and a high-ticket item like this will sell raffle tickets.
- Weekend Getaways: Look for desirable locations and assemble a compelling weekend getaway, including hotel, spa service, dinner, and entertainment. People often will not purchase these privileges for themselves but greatly appreciate them as a raffle prize.
- Electronic Equipment: Flat-screen TVs and stereos are always popular raffle incentives. Is there a local electronic store that may be interested in participating as a raffle sponsor? The additional exposure could be beneficial in an economic environment where retail sales are slow.
- Gift Certificates or Gift Cards: These are great secondary prizes and can be donated by local stores, movie theaters, or local restaurants. Movie passes or free pizza may be great considerations for students. And don’t forget online gift cards that appeal to teens and supporters.
- Sports Memorabilia: Autographed items from sports celebrities and/or game tickets can be a great raffle prize. This is especially relevant if a sports team or booster club hosts a raffle.
- 50/50 or Cash Pot Raffles: When running a 50/50 raffle, the sponsoring school or charity receives 50% of the raffle, and the raffle winner receives the other 50%. Another option for a cash raffle is to award a grand prize of a specific monetary amount and secondary prizes in diminishing amounts.
- House Raffles: Tickets for this type of raffle are generally $100 or more, so you must have a strong base of committed constituents. The most important things to consider are getting good legal counsel and establishing a minimum number of tickets that must be sold to cover your raffle costs. If minimums are not met, raffle donations must be returned to donors.
- Winner’s Choice Raffles: Winner’s Choice raffles are a great idea to ensure the winning ticket holder loves their prize. This is easy to implement with our unique travel packages and can also be used for a car raffle, electronic equipment, gift certificates, and other prizes.
One of your goals is to keep costs minimal, and this is easiest if you get several of the raffle prizes donated. The best way to get donations is to start by talking to students, parents, and employees at your school or nonprofit organization. Individuals and local business persons may have something of value to contribute, and their in-kind contributions can be considered for event sponsorship. After you’ve exhausted all routes for in-kind donations, purchase items to fill in the blanks.
Drawing the Charity Raffle Winners
It’s a must that the raffle drawing is fair, transparent, and well-managed. Our raffle platform can manage this for you, too. There are two options when drawing raffle winners:
- Configure the raffle system to automatically draw random winners.
- Run a live stream video on your fundraising raffle website, and/or draw the winners on a live stage so everyone can see the action.
Traditional nonprofit raffles occur in a public setting where everyone is invited to attend. Why not create a great gathering or event where you can raise more funds? Ticket holders are invited to the event, and refreshments can be purchased. Host a silent auction or other means of raising money while everyone is gathered together.
Wrapping Up the Fundraising Raffle
Make sure to thank all your volunteers, businesses who donated in-kind prizes, ticket sellers, and supporters who purchased raffle tickets. Acknowledge and reward the star performers who raised the most funds for your cause. By raising funds with an online raffle, everyone’s a winner!