Raffle Fundraising Platform for Easy Online Raffles
Fundraise the Easy Way with Automated Online Raffle Fundraising
Setup Your Free Online Fundraising Raffle Website Today!
Managing online raffle fundraising has never been easier! Schools, churches, charities, and nonprofit organizations can sell raffle tickets on our donor-friendly raffle website and in person, then select an automated or manual raffle drawing. Easily add raffle prizes and customize the fundraiser. We make it simple with our fundraising platform that manages all the details for nonprofit and charity raffles. Best of all, our raffle websites are absolutely free, thanks to our innovative tipping model that empowers donors to support the platform.
- NO SUBSCRIPTION Required
- FREE Online Raffle Sales
- FREE Custom Website Branding
- FREE Gamification Elements (Countdown, Thermometer, Chatter, Livestream)
- FREE Customer Success and Technical Support Included
- FREE PRICING with Optional Donor Tips
Features of Our Raffle Fundraising Websites
Our raffle fundraising software offers the most functionality in the marketplace. Raffle software features include:
- Ability to include free merchandise with raffle ticket purchases
- Add one raffle prize or multiple prizes
- Fundraising thermometer to track online fundraising progress
- Live streaming platform for virtual fundraising events
- Sponsor promotion via sponsor logos and links to website and social media
- Easy social media share options
- Ability to incorporate peer to peer fundraising, where fundraisers sell raffle tickets via personal fundraising pages
- The system can automatically draw winners from all entries, or the administrator can draw winners
- Include Social Media sharing options to reward supporters who share links and bring in other donors with more raffle entries
- Text to Give and mobile giving features to make promoting the raffle easy
- Great technical support and training
- Pricing flexibility – pay a percentage of credit card sales or use the platform for free with our optional tipping model
Managing Raffle Sales and Donations Online
A successful fundraising raffle can produce high-profit margins with few upfront costs – making raffles a popular nonprofit fundraising strategy. Fundraising raffles are a great option for a group of any size, and our raffle platform even allows organizations to sell raffle tickets with peer-to-peer functionality. One of the most important considerations when planning a raffle fundraiser is how to securely manage the money raised through raffle ticket sales and donations. Online raffle sales are a great way to spread the word; plus, accepting credit cards makes it easy for your constituents to participate and less hassle for ticket sellers to collect cash and checks. Who has $100 to spare in their wallets, after all?
DoJiggy Delivers Best-of-Class Software for Online Raffle Fundraising
DoJiggy provides a complete, state-of-the-art online raffle and donation management system for charity and nonprofit raffles. Our software even allows volunteers or students to collect raffle donations on your organization’s behalf. With our crowdfunding platform, each seller creates and manages a personal fundraising page and invites friends and family to make secure raffle donations on the page. Each donation of a certain amount qualifies the donor for a raffle ticket or tickets and a chance to win. Organizers can also include free merchandise for raffle donations. So for example, anyone who contributes $50 gets organizational swag.
An online tool like this makes it easy for your supporters to promote the raffle fundraiser and for the organization to track which students or groups (classes, clubs) raise the most money. A fundraising thermometer is included in your website template so that everyone can track fundraising progress. Ticket sellers promote their fundraising page on Facebook and social media platforms or email neighbors, co-workers, relatives, and anyone in their address book. The added incentive of offering prizes to the top fundraisers will help your organization or school raise more money on your next fundraising raffle.
Many fundraiser raffles are held in conjunction with a fundraising event – the event may be the kick-off of the raffle or the final destination when the winning raffle tickets are drawn. Either way, raffle tickets can be sold online, with event registrations, sponsorship promotion, and more on our raffle event management software platform.
To reach a broader audience, volunteers may consider selling raffle tickets at other activities such as a school car wash, sporting event, or pep rally. Some groups set up booths at local grocery stores, similar to how the Girl Scouts sell cookies. In this case, be sure to have a raffle flyer to share with prospective donors, which includes your website address. We also include a free text to give feature to make promoting the raffle easy.
Raffle Website Pricing
With DoJiggy, your organization selects the pricing option that works best for you. You can either select to pay a percentage of all funds raised or allow your supporters to optionally place a tip to cover platform fees. In this way, you can run a raffle completely free of charge and keep all of the funds raised. When supporters select to tip on free raffles, they receive extra chances to win. All of this is managed in the raffle software.
There are no platform fees with free pricing. Optional tips from your supporters allow us to offer the platform free of charge. Donors receive an incentive of extra entries for tipping, and your organization runs the campaign for free.
Percent pricing is an excellent alternative to better suit some organizations. There are no upfront costs, and fees are applied to each credit card transaction. With this model, you decide if your organization or supporters will cover the cost.
Is Charitable Raffle Fundraising Legal?
Charitable raffle laws can be complex as they are handled under state gaming and lottery regulations. States have the exclusive rights to determine what is allowed and what is not in terms of gaming in the US. Several states, such as California, do not allow fundraising raffles in their jurisdiction, even for registered nonprofits. Be sure to check with your state’s Attorney General’s office or local regulatory agency before planning a raffle to determine regulations surrounding nonprofit raffles in your area. Canadian charity raffles are regulated in much the same way by each province.
For a raffle to be legal, the fundraising proceeds must directly benefit a legally registered nonprofit or charitable organization. You must verify that you are legally allowed to organize a raffle by proving your charitable status before going live with your raffle website. If your organization is domiciled in a state where online raffles are prohibited, you cannot use our raffle software platform. You may wish to consider an online charity sweepstakes instead, which has different legal requirements.
Many payment processing gateways (including PayPal) consider raffle fundraising the same as gambling and, therefore, do not allow organizations to process raffle funds. Our raffle platform integrates with Stripe for easy and secure online payment processing for raffles.
US Raffle Laws by State
If your organization is domiciled in a US state where online raffles are prohibited, you cannot use our raffle software platform. We’ve provided links below to each US state and their Attorney General’s office, describing lottery or raffle gaming laws. We cannot provide legal advice, but please find your state and start here to verify the legality of running an online raffle.
- District of Columbia (Washington D.C.)
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Raffle Laws in Canadian Provinces and Territories
Canadian charity raffle regulations are regulated by each province and can vary greatly. We have compiled this list of raffle laws by province and territory, for reference purposes. We cannot provide legal advice, but please find your province or territory and start here to verify the legality of running an online charity raffle in Canada.
Establishing Raffle Fundraising Goals
Determining how much money you wish to raise from the raffle is the first step in creating fundraising goals. Once you determine your fundraising goal, you’ll set your price structure. Many organizations have a single raffle ticket price, as well as a discounted rate for multiple purchases.
Next, decide if your participants have a minimum number of tickets to sell. For example, if a sports team raises money for new equipment, perhaps each team member is tasked with selling a minimum of ten raffle tickets. Setting realistic goals always helps with raffle sales. Make sure to allow a reasonable amount of time for the raffle ticket sales (a minimum of one month to 6 weeks). Trying to sell raffle tickets last minute will make it challenging to accomplish your goals and have a successful campaign.
Don’t forget to create incentives for your ticket sellers. Establish milestones that reward sellers and great prizes for top performers. This will motivate your group to achieve more and keep everyone focused on the fundraising goals.
Setting Raffle Ticket Prices
The raffle ticket price should be high enough to reflect the value of the prize and raise the funds needed, but shouldn’t be so high that few will buy a ticket. You have to know your audience to know what the market can bear in terms of raffle ticket pricing. Remember that if students participate and purchase tickets, you’ll want to have some low-price point items and plan to sell more tickets. You can charge higher ticket prices for the larger prizes. Many organizations have a single raffle ticket price (say $20-30) and a discounted rate for multiple purchases (perhaps 5 for $100).
Successful Fundraising Raffle Essentials – The Prizes!
Appealing prizes make for a successful charity raffle. After all, this will be the first question people will ask when approached to purchase tickets. Make sure the prizes are desirable and relevant to your audience and location. Relevancy is essential to your success – for example, while gun raffles are popular with sporting groups and clubs, a gun raffle would not be appropriate for a school fundraiser.
Though you always want to ask for donations first, don’t limit your fundraising raffle to donated items. This is a mistake that many organizations make, as they want to keep all of the raffle proceeds. Yet organizations can raise far more money with desirable, high-value items. We’re not talking about $1 raffles at the football game; in this case, donated prizes are acceptable and necessary to raise money. But if your school or organization wants to raise $10,000 or even more on a fundraising raffle, you will likely need to purchase the grand prize.
Here are some great raffle prize ideas that are sure to attract attention:
- Travel Packages: Offering a travel package is always a great grand prize, as most people love to travel and are limited by budget. Approach an airline that uses your city as a hub and ask them to donate two round-trip domestic tickets. It’s great advertising for them, and a high-ticket item like this will help sell more raffle tickets. If you cannot get a travel package donated, consider trying one of our unique travel packages.
- Weekend Getaways: Look for desirable locations nearby and put together a compelling weekend getaway including hotel, spa service, dinner, and entertainment. These are often privileges people will not purchase for themselves but greatly appreciate as a raffle prize.
- Electronic Equipment: Flat-screen TVs and stereos are always popular raffle incentives. Is there a local electronic store that may be interested in participating as a raffle sponsor? The additional exposure could be beneficial in an economic environment where retail sales are slow.
- Gift Certificates or Gift Cards: These are great secondary prizes and can be donated by local stores, movie theaters, or local restaurants. Movie passes or free pizza may be great considerations for students. And don’t forget online gift cards that appeal to teens and supporters.
- Sports Memorabilia: Autographed items from sports celebrities and/or game tickets can be a great raffle prize. This is especially relevant if a sports team or booster club hosts a raffle.
- 50/50 or Cash Pot Raffles: When running a 50/50 raffle, the sponsoring school or charity receives 50% of the raffle and the raffle winner receives the other 50%. Another option for a cash raffle is to award a grand prize of a certain monetary amount and secondary prizes in diminishing amounts. Check with your Attorney General’s office, as some states do not allow cash raffles.
- House Raffles: Some schools and nonprofit organizations have even had successful house raffles. Tickets for this type of raffle are generally $100 or more, so you will need to have a strong base of committed constituents. The most important things to consider here are getting good legal counsel (again, start at the attorney general’s office) and establishing a minimum number of tickets that must be sold in order to cover your raffle item costs. If minimums are not met, all raffle donations must be returned to donors. The same applies to a car raffle.
- Winner’s Choice Raffles: Winner’s Choice raffles are a great raffle idea to ensure that the winning ticket holder loves their prize. This is easy to implement with our unique travel packages and can also be used for a car raffle, electronic equipment, gift certificates, and other prizes.
One of your goals is to keep costs minimal, and this is easiest if you get several of the raffle prizes donated. The best way to get donations is to start by talking to students, parents, and employees at your school or nonprofit organization. Individuals and local business persons may have something of value to contribute and their in-kind contributions can be considered for event sponsorship. After you’ve exhausted all routes for in-kind donations, purchase items to fill in the blanks.
Drawing the Charity Raffle Winners
It’s a must that the raffle drawing is fair, transparent, and well-managed. Our raffle platform can manage this for you, too. There are two options when drawing raffle winners:
- Configure the raffle system to automatically draw random winners.
- Run a live stream video on your fundraising raffle website, and/or draw the winners on a live stage so everyone can see the action.
Traditional nonprofit raffles occur in a public setting where everyone is invited to attend. Why not create a great gathering or event where you can raise more funds? Ticket holders are invited to the event, and refreshments can be purchased. Host a silent auction or other means of raising money while everyone is gathered together.
Wrapping Up the Fundraising Raffle
Make sure to thank all your volunteers, businesses who donated in-kind prizes, ticket sellers, and supporters who purchased raffle tickets. Acknowledge and reward the star performers who raised the most funds for your cause.