School Fundraising Ideas & Resources
DoJiggy Helps Hundreds of Schools Raise Money Online
We Have the Easiest Platform for School Fun Runs, Online Product Sales, Readathons and More
Find the Best School Fundraising Campaign Ideas Here
Many teachers, school administrators, and parent groups are looking for school fundraising ideas, especially with the downturn in the economy and budget crunches. Creative school fundraising ideas are needed to set your school or school group apart from the crowd and meet your fundraising goals. Whether you are raising funds for a new computer lab or library or enhancing student programs, we can help with creative school fundraising ideas for your school or educational organization.
Fundraising is an educational opportunity. With every school fundraising campaign, you are teaching your children about community service and being a part of something larger than themselves. Students learn skills such as public speaking, leadership, and time management. Using technology such as our crowdfunding software will get your students to customize their personal fundraising pages. They are not only helping to raise much-needed funds but learning that helping out can be fun and rewarding.
Whether you are a PTA parent, Development office staff, or art teacher, these free resources will help support your school fundraising campaigns. If your school is looking for fundraising solutions that work, check out our fundraising software platform. We’re here to help YOU succeed.
Top School Fundraising Ideas
The type of fundraising event your school chooses to run will be a big factor in your overall success. You need something that your community can get excited about and creative school fundraising ideas are often needed to set your school or school group apart from the crowd. Here are the best, most popular school fundraisers that clients run on our platform:
School Fun Runs & Walks: This fundraiser is very popular and successful for many schools. Walk-a-thons bring the community together – encouraging parents, students, faculty, and local businesses to participate. A walk-a-thon also offers a healthy way to raise money for your school by combining exercise with the cause. Adding a Fun Run theme to the event makes it more fun.
Color Run Fundraisers: Color Runs also work well for kids and make great elementary school fundraisers. Just be sure to use non-toxic color power which is not hard to find or make. When used as a school fundraiser, it’s also a great idea to add an obstacle course and after-party.
School Serve-a-thons: Another interesting school fundraising idea to consider is to host a student “serve-a-thon”. A serve-a-thon not only provides fundraising dollars to contribute to your school’s operating budget but also makes a positive impact on the community as students donate hours to helping the community.
School Auction Fundraisers: Charity auctions can be great school fundraisers. Not only do they bring in a lot of dollars for your school but they are also a great community builder by involving people from your school and community in a meaningful way (i.e. those who donate time, talent and items to auction, volunteers, parents, students and school administrators)
Reading Fundraisers: Reading challenges encourage students to raise money by reading. Students and classrooms get personal fundraising pages and compete for the most pages read and funds raised. Now that’s a nice mission-based fundraising strategy that any school or library can get behind.
Sales Contests: Product sales are a great way to get students involved in raising funds for your school by selling candy, branded school merchandise, magazines, holiday items, and gift or discount cards. Sales contests can be run online with our Simple Stores to keep things organized and donations secure. Create pages for students or classrooms and compete for top fundraising honors and awards.
See 40 more great fundraisers for schools.
DoJiggy’s Fundraising Software Platform Makes School Fundraisers Easy
What Types of Schools Use DoJiggy?
Our school fundraising resources were developed from hands-on experience helping hundreds of schools across the US and Canada raise money online. Since 2003, we’ve been working with all types of schools and educational institutions.
Private Schools need to:
- Recruit students
- Accept secure tuition payments
Public Schools need to:
- Host school crowdfunding campaigns
- Sell school spirit gear
Elementary & Pre-Schools
Elementary & Pre-Schools schools need to:
- Take online payments for after-school or extended day programs
- Ensure privacy for young children
Middle & High Schools
Middle and High Schools need to:
- Sell tickets for athletic and cultural events
- Allow students to log in and manage personal fundraising pages
Why Choose DoJiggy for your School Fundraising Websites?
Ease of Use for Your Constituents
You want your constituents and school supporters to be able to easily find out why your school is special and be able to make an online donation with ease. This can make or break your online success. Don’t forget that many parents and donors will be on mobile phones. Our school platform is mobile-friendly and works well on all devices.
Branding that Defines your School or Organization
What image are you hoping to portray with your school campaigns? Do you want your school to look hip and modern or serious and scholarly? Be sure that your branding is decisive and based on your mission. Our websites offer customization to add school logos, images, color schemes, and branding to make the website truly yours.
Clear Calls to Action
The best school fundraising websites allow your school or PTO to be more successful. Included on every fundraising website page is a Donate Now button and a clear call to action message.
Beautiful School Website Design
People love to see a beautiful website, and by creating engaging, branded content your supporters are more inclined to donate. All of our websites look good and are easy to use on any device.
Ease of Payment Integration
You’ll need a payment processor to accept online donations, and sell tickets and other items on your website. All of our school fundraising websites can be easily configured to take credit and debit card payments with Stripe.
Included Technical Support
When you need some help, you don’t want to pay extra for it. Some competitors charge extra for tech support, but world-class support is always included with us. Call, chat or email to get help.
Fundraising Tips for Working with Students
- Be Safe! The days of going door-to-door beyond your neighborhood are in the past. Sure children can still ask neighbors, family and friends for donations, but online fundraising campaigns are generally a much safer option.
- Make it Easy. Your fundraiser should be simple for kids to participate in. Kids are very tech-savvy! So an easy-to-use fundraising website works for most age levels (and of course, parents may need to assist younger children). Kids can easily sign up, personalize their fundraising page, and then share a link through email or their social channels.
- Keep it Short. With children, you’ll need to keep their attention, so don’t drag the fundraiser out too long. Hit it hard for 2 weeks. And if you are hosting an event, plan it for just a couple of hours, rather than an entire day.
- Provide Rewards and Incentives. There is nothing kids like better than prizes! Give them prizes if they reach a certain goal. Set up a contest to reward the top performers.
Selecting the Right School Fundraiser
Different school fundraisers require different fundraising budgets, resources, volunteers, and time commitments. The following considerations should help you decide on the right school fundraising campaign and help you create a successful fundraising plan.
- How much volunteer time will the project take? Do you currently have committed parents or other volunteers to assist in your planning process? How will your school recruit more?
- How will students be involved? What roles can students play? Will students be required to fundraise online and if so, what tools can you provide to make it easy?
- What are the upfront costs and how will your organization cover these?
- How can you raise community awareness of your school or school group while raising funds?
- What are you teaching your children through your fundraising campaign?
- What kind of prizes are you offering to the top fundraisers? Anything that makes the event more fun for kids, means that your event will be more successful and raise more money.
More School Fundraising Resources
The platform is easy to use and it was clear that DoJiggy was responding to feedback as they worked to streamline it even more. We couldn’t have been happier with our experience. In the end our school ended up with more proceeds from the fundraiser than any previous year.— David S. – DeSoto Trail Elementary School