Online Stores for Nonprofits
Easily & Securely Sell Products and Accept Donations Online
We Offer 2 Store Types – Simple Stores and Pro Stores
Our Simple Stores Can Be Ready to Go in Minutes with Optional P2P Functionality
With Automated Fulfillment on Pro Stores, Sales Fundraisers Have Never Been So Easy
Does your organization want to sell products online? Hosting a sales fundraiser on your own eCommerce store is a great way to add extra money to your organization’s bottom line. With our customizable online stores for nonprofits, we make it easy.
Purchasing branded merchandise on your nonprofit’s personalized online store is a great way for supporters to give to your organization. Better yet, supporters can display your brand everywhere they go – on t-shirts, hoodies, coffee mugs, and more – carrying your logo and message on your organization’s behalf.
Easily Create an Online Merchandise Store That’s Loaded with Features
- Customizable, mobile-responsive eCommerce store
- Include an unlimited number of products
- Automated email receipting
- Coupons can be generated
- Special discounted pricing is supported
- Product options – collect size, color or whatever you need
- Accept secure online donations on your store
- Product categories, search and filter
- Tribute or Honorary giving (in honor of, in memory of)
- Use unlimited storage and bandwidth for the store
- Customer account management – constituents can login and view orders, print receipts
- Sales tax and shipping fees can be included and auto-calculated
- Store can be embedded into our WordPress nonprofit websites or linked from your organization’s website
- Strong sales reporting features
- Option to purchase a private store domain
See How Our Online Stores for Nonprofits Work
Ecommerce Option #2: Pro Stores for Nonprofits
Our Pro stores are for organizations that need more functionality, including automated printing and fulfillment. Many organizations use the Pro Store as part of their organization’s website for an on-going revenue generator. The Pro store is also great for organizations who don’t mind paying a monthly fee and want low platform fees.
Features of our Pro Stores include:
- Shipping connects to the USPS app, for real-time shipping rates
- Automated printing and fulfillment of items, with Printful integration
- Advanced donation functionality, Including tribute donations
- Advanced promo code and coupon management
- Multiple payment processing options available to supporters
- Payment processing via DoJiggy Payments, Authorize.net, Stripe and/or PayPal
Getting Started with an Online Store
Step 1: Decide Which Store Is Best for Your Organization
Decide if the Simple Stores meet your needs, or if your organization will benefit from the features of our Pro stores.
Step 2: Get Started with a Simple Store or Request to Trial Our Pro Stores
- Start Setting Up your Simple Store now – right here
- We will provision your Pro eCommerce store within 24 hours – request here
Step 3: Add Your Store’s Products & Donation Levels
Include high-quality images and great copy to woo constituents.
Step 4: Customize Your Nonprofit Store
Define your colors, add your organization’s logo and branding standards.
Step 5: Configure Your Payment Processor of Choice
Our Simple Stores integrate with Stripe. We offer DoJiggy Payments, Stripe, Authorize.net and PayPal integrations for Pro Store clients.
Step 6: Launch Your Online Merchandise Store and Start Selling!
Announce your launch widely on your nonprofit website, newsletter, and via Social Media.
Our Nonprofit Store Hosting Features
Nonprofit eCommerce Store Pricing
Start your store for free! We offer pricing options for sales fundraisers – so you decide what’s best for your organization. Start small and upgrade later. It’s your choice. And don’t forget that the Pro nonprofit store is already included as part of our nonprofit website premium hosting plan.
There are no platform fees when you use our free pricing model, period. Optional tips from your supporters allow us to offer the platform free of charge.
Sometimes free pricing isn’t a good fit. With percentage pricing, 4.9% is applied to each credit card transaction, and you decide who covers the cost.
Clients have two price options with our Pro Stores. And don’t forget that the Pro Store is already included as part of our nonprofit website premium hosting plan.
Automated Fulfillment for Your Nonprofit eCommerce Store
No time to package and ship products? This is often the downfall of nonprofit sales fundraisers. After all, your nonprofit is not an apparel company, right? While an online store can raise money for your organization and help you spread the word, it shouldn’t take away valuable internal resources from your mission. No problem!
Printful and Printify provide on-demand printing and automated fulfillment (or dropshipping) for our online stores. This means that these companies produce your custom-designed items only after they are ordered online. No need for guesswork or printing up extras that you can’t sell. Design the items and print them only once they have been ordered on your eCommerce store. Printful or Printify will even ship your items directly to your nonprofit constituents and charge your organization the nonprofit rate. Your organization sets your product rate above this, to ensure that you always make a profit.
What Types of Merchandise Sales & Sales Fundraisers Can Nonprofits Do Online?
For the most part, nonprofit organizations that sell products in support of a charitable or nonprofit mission should have no problem, as long as the proceeds from such sales are categorized appropriately when filing taxes. However, be sure to discuss your plans with the nonprofit accountant or CFO to assure that the storefront activity is operating according to 501(c)3 standards. We cannot provide legal or tax advice.
Read our blog on how to generate nonprofit merchandise sales.
Popular products for merchandise sales include:
- Apparel – T-shirts, hoodies, polo shirts, socks, hats, caps, and more
- Coffee mugs – Stainless steel travel mugs and ceramic, branded mugs
- Key chains
- Customized bags – Totes, backpacks, laptop cases and more
- Fundraising raffle tickets
- Discount cards, scratch cards, or discount books
- Signature golf items – golf balls, golf polo shirts, etc.
- Gourmet coffee or tea
Who Runs Sales Fundraisers with Our Online Stores for Nonprofits?
There are so many types of organizations that can benefit from sales fundraisers via an online merchandise store.
- Educational Institutions – Public schools, Private schools, PTO and PTA groups
- Hospitals and their foundations
- Nonprofit foundations
- Churches, synagogues, meditation centers, and communities of faith
- Advocacy groups
- Animal shelters
- Government organizations
- Civic organizations – Kiwanis, Key Clubs, Rotary Clubs, Lions Club, and more
- And all types of nonprofits and charitable organizations
Nonprofit Websites & eCommerce by WordPress
WordPress is the most powerful, flexible content management system with thousands of templates available. In fact, almost 30% of all websites on the internet today use WordPress.
DoJiggy has taken the best of the WordPress platform and customized it to fit the specific needs of nonprofits and schools. Our nonprofit and school website software can optionally integrate with our online merchandise store, to offer your organization a more comprehensive fundraising solution. Our WordPress nonprofit customization includes: