Run Successful Golf Tournaments with our Free Golf Tournament Planning Resources
Planning a fundraising or charity golf tournament can certainly seem like a daunting task to anyone. If this is your first time around, don’t fret! We’ve been providing online golf tournament registration and software services since 2003 and we’re here to help. Many first-time tournament planners, as well as experienced organizers, need access to golf tournament planning tools, budgets, templates, and golf-focused services to help make their tournaments more successful.
Our free tournament planning resources, along with our industry-leading golf tournament software, are part of our commitment to helping organizations large and small run successful and profitable golf tournaments year-round.
Here we provide golf tournament planners with a complete set of free resources, to help make your fundraising golf outing a success. The set of tournament planning resources below includes:
- A Comprehensive tournament planner and checklist – start here!
- A Microsoft Excel-based golf tournament budget with proposed income and expenses
- Golf tournament flyer templates
- A complete set of five standard letter templates, which can be easily modified for your tournament’s needs
- E-book excerpts from golf professionals
Our Golf Tournament Software Platform
Whether your organization is planning a small, first golf outing or a large corporate charity fundraiser, DoJiggy has the experience and platform to assist you with many golf tournament details – allowing you to focus on a more successful event every year:
- Online player and foursome registration
- Sponsorship sales and online sponsor promotion
- Mobile-responsive website templates that look good on all devices
- Unlimited product sales for mulligans, dinner tickets, raffles, and more
- Foursome or team pairing
- Starting hole and time generator
- Detailed financial reporting data
- Secure, integrated credit card payments
Our Golf Tournament Software Makes Charity Golf Tournament Planning Simple & Effective
Golf Tournament Planner and Checklist
What’s the key to pulling off a successful golf tournament? It’s smart planning and organization, of course! Sometimes the hardest tasks to tackle lie in the initial organizing and planning stages: choosing a golf course, deciding on food and beverage options, activities, contests and prizes, finding sponsors and promoting the tournament. This tournament planner includes a detailed timeline and project checklist, helping to provide a solid starting point for event planners. Fill in your own due dates based on the date of your tournament. We’ve assigned responsibilities to three people, the Chairperson (Tournament director), the marketing or advertising manager (Marketing) and a Planning Director to help with the immediate task of delegating to tournament volunteers. Designed to help get plan a golf tournament from start to finish, our Golf Tournament Planner and Checklist will take the guesswork out of managing your next charity tournament.
Golf Tournament Games & Contents
Many golfers that participate in charity events are not serious golfers and want to enjoy themselves and relax on the course. That’s why games, fundraising raffles, and contents are a big part of a successful fundraising golf tournament. They serve two purposes – adding to the fun and ensuring your golfers come back next year while adding significantly to your bottom line. Here are some ideas to incorporate into your charity tournaments:
- Sell Mulligans – Mulligans cost your organization nothing and offer golfers a re-do on a bad shot. Many organizations sell mulligans on their golf tournament websites and on the day of the event.
- Hole in One Contests – A popular contest to offer during a charity golf tournament is a grand prize for a “Hole-in-One”. Your organization can advertise an extravagant grand prize such as $10,000 or a new car and entice some more serious golfers to come and play for your cause and a chance to win big. In the rare instance that someone does hit a hole-in-one, be sure to use hole-in-one insurance. Get a hole in one insurance quote.
- Longest Drive and Other Contests – golfers will pay a special entry fee to be included in these contests and will be eligible to win a variety of great prizes such as rounds of golf, specialized golf balls, gift certificates, golf shirts, and items donated by your tournament sponsors.
- Silent and Live Auctions – Hosting a charity auction are a great way to raise money for your organization and community. Procuring desirable auction items is key to your success, so DoJiggy offers one of a kind travel packages for your silent and live auction fundraisers.
- Sponsor Tees – If your golfers are playing 18 holes of golf, you have 18 opportunities to sell tee sponsorships. Many of these sponsors would love to do more than just have their sponsor sign displayed at their hole. Why not allow them to set up a table with information and free samples of their products for your golfers to enjoy? Some sponsors may wish to provide free drinks to draw golfers to their table.
Golf Tournament Templates
Golf Tournament Budget
Financial tracking and planning is one key ingredient to your golf tournament’s success. This golf event budget is populated with all major golf outing income (golf registrations, sponsorships, auction, raffle tickets) and expense categories (facility, decorations, marketing and publicity expenses), and includes a profit/loss summary for both estimated and actual expenses. You may not have thought of these items yet, but you need to! Whatever size tournament you are hosting, whether you are just beginning, or are a seasoned pro, this budget will serve to help predict and estimate costs, as well as assist you in monitoring income and expenses throughout the tournament planning stages. Further, the budget can later be reviewed with your golf tournament planning committee to help you with product ordering, fundraising and profitability goals.
Golf Tournament Flyers
Advertising your tournament and recruiting golfers is key to any successful golf tournament. Though your golf tournament website and online social media channels are likely your go-to marketing venue, posting tournament flyers in your community and at the golf club where the tournament will be held is one important way to get the word out. Be sure to include the golf club, entry fee, date, and a short promo for your organization on the flyers. These golf tournament template flyers may be customized to suit your specific event, and are available in two formats: a one-page flyer, as well as a flyer with tear-away tabs. With a little customizing, we hope these flyer templates will offer a great opportunity to boost your event’s visibility.
Golf Tournament Document Templates
Every charity golf tournament needs to recruit and thank sponsors and players, as well as maintain professional communication with the golf course where the tournament will be held. Our Golf Tournament Document Templates offer a complete golf tournament communication letter set, including sample sponsor solicitation, sponsor confirmation, player confirmation, participant thank you, and golf course confirmation letters. The documents may be downloaded and customized to meet your tournament’s needs. With this free resource, you’ll easily assemble professional communications and sponsor recruitment materials with minimal time and effort on your part. Be sure to keep your own templates on file for next year’s event.
Golf Tournament Blogs
7 Fun Golf Tournament Ideas
Fun golf tournament contests, raffles, and ideas can take your charity tournament from drab and boring to fun and successful! That’s why we’ve created this blog to help tournament directors brainstorm ways to shake things up a little. Let’s dive into these seven fun golf tournament ideas that can not only raise a tremendous amount of money for your organization but set your tournament apart from all the rest.
How to Host a Successful Golf Tournament Fundraiser for Your School
We help many schools and PTO groups fundraise each year with a charity golf tournament. This blog features The New Frontiers School Board’s annual tournament, held annually in June. The school utilities several key strategies to maximize fundraising potential. Learn some great ideas for your school or organization here.
100 Holes of Golf Fundraisers
If you would like to host a golf event or fundraiser that is creative and inviting, consider a 100 Holes of Golf Fundraiser or Golf Marathon. Your organization has an opportunity to raise more money while using fewer resources than with a traditional golf tournament, as your golfers become fundraisers for your organization. This is a great event if you have dedicated supporters who love to golf.
Free Golf Tournament E-Books
Getting Your Golf Tournament Started Right
Providing tips on how to effectively plan and manage a charity golf tournament, Tom Kings’ books are not to be missed. While it’s true that golf tournaments can be exhausting and time-consuming King says, hosting a charity golf tournament can be satisfying and very profitable. Here’s the key – if done right! Download your free e-book below.
Recruiting Golfers & Corporate Sponsors
To Golf Tournament Coordinators Across America: Through the years, we’ve learned a lot about what it takes to produce a successful tournament from corporate and charity tournament coordinators. We’ve assembled some of the best strategies available for common fundraising golf tournament challenges in this free e-book, such as boosting team participants and recruiting sponsors for your tournament. Read this free e-book for insights.
We’ve used DoJiggy for the past couple years to manage our Association’s golf registrations. It’s really easy to set up and load your information into and to use. We’ve been happy with the service.— Kim M. – IASIU