Are you looking for a unique fundraising idea? How about a Zumba fundraiser! Zumba is a fun Latin-inspired fitness dance that’s been gaining popularity in many gyms and fitness centers. Zumba fundraisers or zumba-thons can be fun and lucrative fundraising events.
Benefits of Hosting a Zumba Fundraiser
There are lots of reasons to host a Zumba fundraiser.
- It’s a fun and unique fundraising event idea for nonprofits – a great way to differentiate your fundraiser from the crowd
- Encourages health and fitness as people exercise while raising money for your charitable cause
- Relatively easy to plan with low overhead costs
- Zumba dances can be customized to satisfy a variety of age groups and fitness levels and works for both large and small groups
- Potential to raise a lot of money through registrations, peer-to-peer fundraising, and other add-on activities such as fundraising raffles and silent auctions
How Do You Plan a Zumba Fundraiser?
The basic premise of a Zumba fundraiser is for an organization to host a Zumba class or party, where the money raised goes to support a particular charity or cause. Participants pay money to participate in the event, which can last for an hour or longer in the case of a zumbathon.
A Zumba fundraiser is not too difficult to plan compared to other fundraising events. To host a Zumba Fundraiser, you’ll want to consider the following steps.
- Find Great Zumba Instructors
Find some certified Zumba instructors (perhaps those who are well-known within the community) who would be willing to help your cause by donating their time to teach a class. If they lead Zumba classes locally, they may be excited about the opportunity to be introduced to new people who may want to take future classes. Find multiple instructors if you intend on having a large group or hosting a zumba-thon. Be sure to ask instructors to help promote the event. They likely have students already attending their classes and might be willing to post announcements at their studios and on their social media sites.
- Manage Your Zumba Fundraiser with Fundraising Software
Set up a fundraising website for online ticketing. Here you can educate people about the nonprofit or benefiting cause and share details about the upcoming event (i.e., date/time, instructor information, event location, possible raffle prizes, and entertainment). Your fundraising website not only shares information about your event but also provides an easy way for people to register and make online donations. With all this information in one place, administrators can easily update information, track real-time fundraising progress, communicate with participants, and generate reports.
Our Crowdfunding Software Makes Hosting a Zumba-thon Easy!
Features of our crowdfunding software for Zumba-thons include:
● Responsive design for mobile donations and registration anywhere
● Personal fundraising pages for individual and team fundraising
● Gamification tools like fundraising thermometers and Leaderboards display top fundraisers
● Social Media Share links encourage constituents to share your event with friends
- Promote the Zumba Event Widely
For the event to be successful, you need people to participate and donate. Participants can be members and supporters of the nonprofit organization or charity, students and faculty (especially if hosting a school fundraiser), friends and family of your supporters (who find out about the event via social media), or the general public. And donors can be virtually anyone living anywhere – you just need to send them to your fundraising website. In order to attract participants and donors, you’ll need to spread the word. Post announcements on your nonprofit website, send an event press release, send emails to your organization’s database, reach out to local businesses for sponsorship and support, and ask participants to share information with family and friends via social media and email blasts.