A dance-a-thon fundraiser is a creative crowdfunding dance. They are designed for participants to seek pledges beforehand from their friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family. Businesses and corporations also pledge money, and their staff members enjoy forming dance-a-thon teams. Participants agree to pay a certain amount of money for the hours danced, or a flat payment. A dance can be the bomb with outside the box ideas.
10 Creative Dance-a-thon Fundraiser Ideas
- Many dance-a-thons run for 24 hours. This idea may not work well for schools, families and community members with late night time and travel constraints. Plan a dance-a-thon fundraiser over Saturday and Sunday from 12-6, or perhaps a little later. Start on Friday night with a fun party and your best moves on the floor.
- Add a breakfast or an evening barbeque to attract more participation and networking. Sell tickets throughout your community. Go gourmet with local chefs and attract the foodies.
- Ask your dance-a-thon crowdfunding teams to dress in costume. A group of four dressed as Hilary Clinton or Madonna (for example) would be entertaining. Each team dressed as a famous person would liven things up. They could work as a tag team, with one member of the team always on the dance floor. The rules are up to you.
- If ever there were an opportunity to sell fun products it is with a dance-a-thon. Form a design team of volunteers with graphic design experience. Take a colorful step and use tango fans to brand your nonprofit. Create memories and bring in more funds with dance-a-thon apparel. Consider using the hard work and creativity put into your successful dance-a-thon products by starting your own nonprofit’s personalized online store. Let supporters display your brand everywhere they go on t-shirts, hoodies and coffee mugs.
- Plan more than one band or DJ. You may attract more participation if you appeal to people with various styles of music. Sell tickets to simply come and hear some good music. Put a bit of effort into getting a band and DJ with a following; they may come from other towns or states to help your nonprofit. Research the things they care about, and don’t underestimate their desire to give back.
- Open up the floor to anyone who wants to buy a ticket at the door and dance. Add a wine vendor in the late afternoon and evening hours. Have a selection of food and beverage vendors as well. Stay in the minds of your community with social media posts, local radio announcements and newspaper ads.
- Partner with a dance school or ballet company. Their presence at your dance-a-thon fundraiser opens another door. A booth or section on the dance floor promotes their organization. Your fundraising event becomes richer as you add the intrigue of learning and enriching the lives of your constituents with an art form. Seek opportunities for dance internships, and raffle free dance lessons and performance tickets at the event.
- Ask your volunteers for help in adding big screens and movie projectors. Show some great old dance movies. Add a schedule of classic dance films on your bi-weekly newsletter, fundraising website and nonprofit website homepage. Invite them to buy a ticket at the door to come and watch Singin’ in the Rain and Saturday Night Fever! Engage the whole community by adding dance-a-thon fundraiser ideas for everyone. Attract new donors through dance, music, film, food and an opportunity to help and be a part of your cause.
- Hold a few Facebook Live presentations to promote your crowdfunding event. Ask your staff to present a segment on a new program. Add a fun segment on your upcoming dance-a-thon. Live video streaming of these presentations may be emailed and placed on your website homepage.
- Promote your dance-a-thon fundraiser with dance videos. Create an infectious mood of dance fever on Facebook, Snap-chat, Twitter, Instagram and email promotions with video.
Imagine a dance-a-thon crowdfunding campaign that shows your passion through creativity. Just one successful crowdfunding event per year, when done right, can make the best crowdfunding ideas for nonprofits realized. Start with contributions from board members and donors. Then show the public something to be excited about as you launch your dance-a-thon crowdfunding website.
Crowdfunding Software For Dance-a-thons
Dance-a-thon fundraisers rely on powerful peer-to-peer crowdfunding software tools, and social media networks and integrations. Utilizing crowdfunding software enables your message to be organically spread by your supporters. Your charity organization is able to manage the over-arching fundraising campaign and maintain brand consistency.
Some features and tools of DoJiggy’s crowdfunding software for dance-a-thons are:
- Secure participant and team event registrations
- Individual participants and teams with the ability to personalize fundraising through personal fundraising pages and team pages
- Fundraising pages that include images and videos, a personal or team statement, social media integration links to easily share
- Top fundraiser leaderboards and event fundraising thermometers
- Tracking and distributing of prizes and awards with our prize management system