School fundraising flyers are a basic one-sheet designed to explain the purpose of an event and educate people about what your school is trying to accomplish. Where will funds raised be used, and what programs will be supported? Your flyer should outline the important details of the fundraiser you are hosting, making it easy to get involved.
Our school fundraising flyer guidelines and sample templates were created to assist schools with promoting fundraising events and initiatives. Marketing your school fundraising activity is an important part of campaign planning. Good visibility raises participation and helps bring more dollars to support your school programs.
We’ve created these guidelines to help you effectively organize the information for your school fundraising event and provided sample templates that can easily be customized.
Sample School Fundraising Flyer Templates
We have created a few school fundraising flyer templates to simplify this process. Customize the text and insert your school logo; you are ready to start spreading the word about your fundraising event.
Download the editable version of our templates here. Open the Google Doc. using the links below, then click File->Download to make a copy and edit as necessary.
Creating Effective School Fundraising Flyers
Follow these guidelines when creating your school flyers for fundraising events.
Capture Attention with an Exciting Headline
Create a fun name and theme for your fundraising event, something that rhymes or rolls off the tongue. Here are some ideas for school fun run or walkathon themes. Next, include an introduction explaining what you are trying to accomplish and how funds will be used.
Include All the Essential Details
This is one of the most important parts of the flyer, if not the most exciting. You need to tell participants and sponsors the “who, what, when, where, and how” of the fundraiser.
- Date, time, and location of the event
- What school programs does the fundraising activity benefit?
- What will be happening at the event? Include entertainment, music, and food and drink options.
- What should students wear or bring?
- Are there costs or fundraising requirements?
- Information about prizes and incentives
- Contact information in case people have additional questions
- Sponsor logos
Make Your School Fundraising Flyer Visually Appealing
You only have a few seconds to catch people’s attention. Use compelling imagery that shows students and participants having fun at an event. Include your school’s branding as well. Here’s how to enhance the visual aspect of your flyers:
- Use Contrasting Colors: Colors that stand out can make your raffle flyer pop.
- Leave Some White Space: Don’t overcrowd; space allows your content to breathe.
- Add High-Quality Photos: Invest in good photos. They can convey emotion and tell a story in a way words can’t.
- Be Mindful of Typography: Your choice of font can impact readability. Stick to 2-3 fonts max on a single flyer.
List Top Perks for Participants
Why should students get involved in the fundraiser? Tell them about the fun activities that are part of the event:
- Will there be entertainment, games, food, drinks, etc.?
- Do participants receive free T-shirts or goodie bags?
- Will there be prizes for top-performing students?
- Will there be raffle tickets available to win prizes donated by sponsors or members of the community?
Highlight Sponsors on School Flyers
Your sponsors play a crucial role in your fundraising efforts. Showcasing them on your flyer gives them the recognition they deserve and adds credibility to your event. Here are some ways to do it:
- Dedicate a section of your flyer to showcase logos or names of the sponsors.
- Consider offering premium spots to higher-tier sponsors, ensuring their logos are prominently placed.
Printing School Fundraising Flyers
Now, you’re ready to print your school flyers. The printing of your flyer is just as important as the design. Be sure to select a reputable, high-quality printer that can deliver your flyers on time.
More Resources for School Fundraising Events
We’ve outlined important factors to consider when starting your school fundraising campaign and included details about some of the best school fundraising ideas, such as a school crowdfunding campaigns, auction fundraisers, and sales contests. Plus, review guidelines and tips for planning successful elementary school fundraising and high school fundraising initiatives.