A Fun Run is a non-competitive running event to celebrate and raise funds for a charitable cause. Participants can typically run, jog, walk or roll in these fundraising events that are designed to have fun first and raise funds for schools or nonprofit organizations. A Fun Run is a great choice to bring your community together, raise awareness for your organization, provide healthy entertainment, as well as raising money for your cause with nonprofit crowdfunding. Fun Runs are often 5Ks, but can be of any length, especially for kid’s runs.
Many organizations add a Color Run component, quirky costume for participants or a creative Fun Run theme for an even more exciting crowdfunding event. Fun Runs are creative races and customizing the fundraiser for your organization’s needs is important.
Organizing the details of a Fun Run crowdfunding campaign from beginning to end is easy when powered by our software for crowdfunding events. Our websites includes event registration and personal fundraising pages for your Fun Run participants. Team fundraising pages are also included, and hosting teams and team awards helps to generate more excitement for your crowdfunding event. Using our state-of-the-art platform, you’ll create a fully responsive fundraising website that works well on all devices, taking your fundraising campaign to the next level.
Organizing your Charity Fun Run
Your school or organization can join in one of the biggest sensations in fundraising today by hosting a Fun Run. The success of your Fun Run hinges on the recruitment and action of a strong leadership team. Ideally, your team should be comprised of individuals with diverse skills and talents that share a common interest in the organization’s success and have time to dedicate to the task at hand. In addition, working smart at this stage of the game requires delegation.
Here are the basic steps and considerations in getting your Fun Run started on the road to success:
- Create your Fun Run planning committee of people dedicated to the event and organization’s mission
- Committee members choose the best time of year and pick a date and theme for the crowdfunding event
- Create your Fun Run fundraising website
- Recruit runners, volunteers, and sponsors
- Import your runners (for schools), or ask them to register online to create their personal Fun Run fundraising pages
- Solicit size for free t-shirt or other runner incentives, upon registration
- Participants ask supporters to donate or pledge in support of their efforts
- Participation and fundraising progress is tracked throughout the event with our crowdfunding software
- Leaderboards are posted with top fundraisers and teams to motivate Fun Run participants
- Registration reporting makes race day check-in easy
- Administrators wrap up the event by calculating pledges and off-line donations
Creating a Fun Run Website
Our fundraising software makes planning and managing a Fun Run simple and effective. Our Fun Run Software is designed for crowdfunding events in which students and adults alike collect donations for their school or nonprofit organization. Our flexible crowdfunding software is capable of working with donations as well as per unit of effort pledges based on the amount of time or distance participants run, walk, trot or roll. You’ll be able to easily configure your Fun Run website creatively to meet your organization or school’s specific needs, and your participants will learn and have fun as they personalize their web pages.
Our Fun Run crowdfund platform has the following powerful features:
- Easy race registration with or without entry fee or participant import (works great for School Fun Runs)
- Personal and team fundraising pages with social media links, fundraising thermometers, user images, and videos
- Personal Control Panel which allows your fundraisers to manage their page, email friends and family, add check donations, and more
- Leaderboards, thermometers, and participation graphs to drive competition and help your organization raise more money
- Privacy features can be enabled for kids’ pages
- Prize management system to offer incentives to your runners
- Sponsorship promotion and sponsorship sales
- Product sales (t-shirts and related event items)
- The capability of working with flat-rate donations as well as per unit of effort pledges based on the amount of time or distance participants run, walk, trot or roll
DoJiggy’s Crowdfunding Platform Makes Planning and Managing Fun Runs Simple and Effective
Benefits of Fun Run Crowdfunding Events
And in case you still aren’t convinced that a Fun Run is right for your school or organization, see our list of unmatched benefits in hosting a Fun Run. A Crowdfunding race or walk is an excellent fundraiser for schools and nonprofit organizations alike as they:
Promote happiness and having fun!
- Are a healthy fundraiser in support of exercise
- Encourage the enjoyment of the outdoors and nature
- Are a low cost, easy to organize event
- Don’t require any product sales – yeah, no junk food for the kids!
- And are a great way to raise lots of money for your school or nonprofit organization