Walkathon flyers are essential to help a school or organization spread the word about a walkathon. Our walkathon flyer templates were created to assist organizations in effectively marketing their fundraising walks. Marketing and promoting a fundraising walkathon is a very important part of the planning process. Good visibility raises participation, and in turn, helps bring in more funds for your charitable cause. As well, these walkathon flyer templates can easily be customized for a bowl-a-thon, swim-a-thon, hike-a-thon, or other charitable peer-to-peer crowdfunding event.
Event flyers are a basic ‘one-sheet’ designed to explain the purpose of a fundraiser, educate people about the mission of an organization and outline the important details for getting involved with the walkathon or fundraiser you are hosting. Volunteers can post walkathon flyers around the community at restaurants, coffee shops, community centers, grocery stores, and schools to raise awareness for your cause and the walk.
Creating Effective Walkathon Flyers
Follow these guidelines for walkathon flyers that will get your organization noticed.
Focus on branding
Start with your nonprofit’s branding standards and make your event flyer visually appealing. Use compelling imagery that shows walkers having fun at a previous event (if available).
Capture attention with your walkathon flyer
Create a fun name or theme for your fundraising event.
One way to capture your audience’s attention is to make an emotional appeal by explaining the current situation and telling participants how they can help. Example: 1 in 8 women today are diagnosed with breast cancer. How can you help? By giving back to your local community through participating in our Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraising Walk.
Explain the perks of walking and donating
What are the perks of walking? Tell potential walkers about the fun activities that are part of the fundraising event:
- Will there be a hospitality area with free food and drinks for walkers?
- Describe your after-party and entertainment – walkers just wanna have fun!
- Do participants receive T-shirts or other items for participating?
- Will there be incentive prizes for the walkers and teams that raise the most money in donations?
- Will there be raffle tickets available for large-prize items (donated by sponsors, of course)?
Convey the walkathon details
This is one of the most important parts of the flyer. You need to tell potential participants and sponsors the who, what, when, where, and how of the walk:
- Who’s hosting the event? Briefly introduce the organization and charitable cause you support.
- Why should they support you? What is your unique value proposition? Again, this must be very brief on a flyer.
- Date & time: include event start, pre- and post- activities, and registration/sponsor check-in times here.
- Location: include the address of the event and parking information.
- What Else? What to wear, what to bring, are there fees or fundraising minimums involved? How will you raise money?
- Your walkathon website URL for registration and donations.
- Your phone, Social Media links, and other contact information in case people have additional questions or want assistance with registration.
Be Sure to Highlight Your Sponsors on Walkathon Flyers
You don’t want to forget this important part of a walkathon flyer. Understanding and articulating the ways in which prospective sponsors benefit from working with your organization is very important. This becomes the foundation for selling sponsorship packages for your walk. Everyone likes to help out a great cause; however, companies are looking for a win-win relationship when investing in your walkathon.
Including sponsor logos on your walkathon flyers gives local businesses the opportunity to gain exposure leading up to your fundraiser. This is a great way to say Thank You to your event sponsors and is also a great selling point.
Printing Walkathon Flyers
So you’ve created a great walkathon flyer – now what? The printing of your walk-a-thon flyer is just as important as the design. Be sure to select a reputable, high-quality printer that can deliver on time. Work with them to determine the best mix of quality and affordable pricing for your event.
Download Sample Walkathon Flyer Templates
DoJiggy is the leader in walkathon fundraising for nonprofits. We have created two walkathon flyer templates for use by organizations hosting fundraising walks. Simply customize the text and insert your own flyer design or logo and you are ready to start spreading the word about your walkathon.
DoJiggy Offers the Industry-Leading Walkathon Software Platform
DoJiggy P2P Crowdfunding software is a complete registration and donation management system designed specifically for walk-a-thons and peer-to-peer events where individual and team participants solicit and track donations and pledges for a charitable cause.
- Provide walkers with Personal Fundraising Pages to customize and promote your fundraiser
- Fundraising Thermometers and Leaderboards display Top Team & Individual fundraisers and promote competition, so you raise more
- Embedded Social Media Share links encourage walkers to share the event w/ friends and family
- Personal Control Panel allows fundraisers to manage their personal and team pages, email friends and family, and add check donations
DoJiggy also offers a comprehensive set of walkathon resources, to help make your walkathon event a success! See our walkathon pledge forms and complete guide on How to Organize a Walkathon.
More Walkathon Fundraising Resources