Walkathon flyers are essential to help a school or organization spread the word about a walkathon. Our walkathon flyer templates were created to assist organizations in effectively marketing their walks. Marketing and promoting a fundraising walkathon is an important part of the planning process. Good visibility raises participation, and in turn, helps bring in more funds for your charitable cause. As well, these walkathon flyer templates can easily be customized for a bowl-a-thon, swim-a-thon, hike-a-thon or other charitable peer-to-peer crowdfunding event.
Event flyers are a basic ‘one-sheet’ designed to explain the purpose of a fundraiser, educate people about the mission of an organization and outline the important details for getting involved with the walkathon or fundraiser you are hosting. Volunteers can post walkathon flyers around the community at restaurants, coffee shops, community centers, grocery stores, and schools to raise awareness for your cause.
Creating Effective Walkathon Flyers
- Start with your nonprofit’s branding standards and make your event flyer visually appealing. Use compelling imagery that shows walkers having fun at a previous event (if available).
- Capture attention with an interesting headline: Create a fun name for your event, and include an introduction explaining what are you trying to accomplish.
- One idea to capture your audience’s attention is to make an emotional appeal by explaining the current situation and telling participants how they can help. Example: 1 in 8 women today are diagnosed with breast cancer. How can you help? By giving back to your local community through participating in our Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraising Walk.
- What are the perks of walking? Tell potential walkers about the fun activities that are part of the fundraising event:
- Will there be a hospitality area with free food and drinks for walkers?
- Describe your after-party and entertainment – walkers just wanna have fun!
- Do participants receive T-shirts or other items?
- Will there be an incentive prizes for the walkers and teams that raise the most money in donations?
- Will there be raffle tickets available for large-prize items (donated by sponsors, of course)?
- Details: This is one of the most important parts of the flyer. You need to tell potential participants and sponsors the “who, what, when, where, and how” of the event:
- Who’s hosting the event? Introduce the organization & cause you support.
- Date & Time: include event start, pre- and post- activities, and registration/sponsor check-in times here.
- Location: include address of event and parking information.
- What Else? What to wear, what to bring, are there fees or fundraising minimums involved? How will you raise money?
- Your walkathon website URL for registration.
- Your phone and other contact information in case people have additional questions or want assistance with registration.
- Sponsor Logos: You don’t want to forget this! Including sponsor logos on your walkathon flyers gives local businesses the opportunity to gain exposure leading up to your fundraiser. This is a great way to say Thank You to your event sponsors and is also a great selling point.
Printing Walkathon Flyers
So you’ve created a great walkathon flyer – now what? The printing of your walk-a-thon flyer is just as important as the design. Be sure to select a reputable, high quality printer that can deliver on time.
Download Sample Walkathon Flyer Templates
DoJiggy is the leader in walkathon fundraising resources. We have created two walkathon flyer templates for use by organizations hosting fundraising walks. Simply customize the text and insert your own flyer design or logo and you are ready to start spreading the word about your walkathon.
DoJiggy Offers the Industry-Leading Walkathon Software Platform.
DoJiggy P2P Crowdfunding software is a complete registration and donation management system designed specifically for walk-a-thons and peer-to-peer events where individual and team participants solicit and track donations and pledges for a charitable cause.
- Provide walkers with Personal Fundraising Pages to customize and promote your fundraiser
- Fundraising Thermometers and Leaderboards display Top Team & Individual fundraisers and promote competition, so you raise more
- Embedded Social Media Share links encourage walkers to share the event w/ friends and family
- Personal Control Panel allows fundraisers to manage their personal and team pages, email friends and family, and add check donations
Sign up for a free trial and see how we can assist your organization in raising more money this year.