Walkathon pledge forms are often used by organizations to accept pledges and donations associated with a Run/Walk/Ride fundraising event. To help participants manage pledges and track ongoing fundraising progress, the participant collects information from contributors using walkathon pledge forms. Such forms generally include: Donor Name, Donation or Pledge Amount, Contact Information, and Payment Method (credit card, check). The form may also include questions or custom information from the fundraising organization, such as ‘Would you like to be included in our mailing list?’
Pledge forms may be used to collect donations or pledges for your cause. So what is the difference between a donation and a pledge? A donation is made in a certain, set amount, for example $25. Donations may be made and collected before a walkathon. A pledge is a solemn binding promise to give a specified amount once a pre-determined goal is completed (i.e. the participant finishes the walkathon). Walk-a-thon pledges are usually based on laps, miles or kilometers – there is some unit of effort to measure here and therefore, the pledge cannot be completed until after the fundraising walk is over. Schools often use this method of pledge collection by lap, as they want to encourage athleticism in their students.
These pledge forms can also be used to collect donations for the following types of peer-to-peer fundraising events:
- Color Run fundraisers
- Bike-a-thon or spin-a-thons
- School fun runs or jog-a-thons
- Community Service projects
- and more!
DoJiggy has created the following walkathon pledge forms to help you get started on your walkathon planning. Both of the these pledge forms are presented in Word format, so that organizations can easily customize them to fit their needs. It is generally a good idea to present the pledge forms to your fundraisers in printed or digital, PDF format. Your organization may choose to use one or a combination of these pledge forms for your walkathon or other peer-to-peer event.
Pledge Form Template for Individual Donors
This walk-a-thon pledge form is used to take a single pledge or donation. It can be given to a donor, or uploaded to your DoJiggy Crowdfunding website. In the DoJiggy P2P Crowdfunding system, simply customize this pledge form and convert it to a PDF. All donors will have the option of printing and mailing this pledge form or making a secure online pledge or donation.
Click here to download this individual walkathon pledge form.
Pledge Form Template for Multiple Donors
This is a great pledge sheet to use at the office, church, or other any location where fundraisers will talk to several potential donors at one time. The walkathon participant will keep this pledge form, and simply fill in the donor information, for later review.
Click here to download this multi-donor walkathon pledge form.
Walkathon Tips and Tricks
- These templates are provided in Word document format. If you are distributing them electronically, it is best to convert them into PDF format, to insure anyone can open them, regardless of their computer operating system.
- Note that taking your fundraising walkathons online with walkathon software can double your fundraising proceeds! We recommend using these templates in conjunction with our walkathon software to raise money for your cause.
- If you are using our crowdfunding software, these documents can be uploaded to the administration area for access by your walkers and donors.
More Walk-a-thon and Pledge Form Resources
DoJiggy offers a free, comprehensive set of walkathon resources, to help make your peer-to-peer fundraising events a success.
- Download our complete guide on How to Organize a Walkathon.
- Schools, see this article on School Fun Runs and Walk-a-thons for information relevant to student fundraising walks.
- Read our case study on how one organization used pledge forms to succeed in their bike-a-thon fundraiser.