Like much of the rest of the world, we have watched the events of the last few weeks unfold in Ukraine with horror. DoJiggy is united with the people of Ukraine and the international community in condemning these horrific acts of violence against a sovereign nation and its people.
If your group would like to support the people of Ukraine in their time of need, take a moment to look through our list of 6 easy fundraising ideas. These ideas will help your organization to raise funds and awareness for the devastation in Ukraine. Then decide on an organization that is supporting the Ukrainian people, where you will send the funds. People want to know how their contributions will help the people of Ukraine.
Check out our list of exciting peer to peer fundraising ideas.
Another great trend to contribute valuable support is by baking. Why not share your love of sweet things by hosting a bake sale, a coffee morning or a breakfast pancake fundraiser at a school, at the office or a local church with all the proceeds going to Ukraine? You could even run a Bake-Off competition to vote on the tastiest cake or biscuit.
Get The Community Involved
There’s never been a better time to host a community fundraising event. Why not get into the community spirit and pull everyone together to host a gala evening in honor of the people in Ukraine. Sell tickets, add a fun theme, and include a silent auction or raffle with all the proceeds going to relief efforts.
For more ideas check out our ultimate guide to event planning for nonprofits here.
A huge fundraising trend for 2022 is Gaming for Good. Basically, when gamers turn on their consoles, many of them choose to share their game with an audience, so they start streaming it on platforms like Twitch or YouTube. Each gamer can add donation buttons to their stream and people can start giving to a good cause. So get playing and get the donations rolling in!
Host a sales fundraiser with personalized Ukraine merchandise through our free eCommerce store. Selling customized branded merchandise on your online store makes it easy for supporters to give to your organization. Better yet, constituents can display the personalized image everywhere they go – on t-shirts, hoodies, coffee mugs, and more – carrying the logo and message while spreading awareness about the importance of the cause.
Collect Donated Goods
Unthinkable numbers of families have been forced to leave their homes at a moment’s notice in the last few weeks and they’re in urgent need of food, shelter, and basic necessities. UK residents can help by collecting Food Kits, Hygiene Kits, and First Aid Kits for Ukrainian families to get the essentials they desperately need. Find a local, easily accessible drop-off collection point such as a school, church, or community center where people can donate basic items, such as food, clothing, and blankets.
- Decide early which organization(s) will receive the funds you raise and how they will be used. People want to know how their contributions will help the people of Ukraine.
- Set up your free personalized fundraising page detailing your campaign and make it easy and convenient to donate by offering mobile giving.
- Promoting your fundraiser to support the people of Ukraine is essential in ensuring that you reach as many people as possible. Spread the word through social media channels by setting up a Facebook page, adding and updating Stories on Instagram to expand your outreach and create hype around your fundraiser.
- Create Hashtag challenges to increase your audience and educate them about the story behind your cause. Make your challenge simple, fun and inclusive so that anyone can take part. Remember that the intention is to get as many people involved and talking about your fundraiser.
If hosting a fundraiser isn’t possible but you still want to contribute to relief efforts in Ukraine, there are plenty of organizations and nonprofits that would be grateful for your support. Here is a list of some of the nonprofits that are working tirelessly to help the people of Ukraine:
- Doctors Without Borders – Working to ensure Ukrainian people and communities have access to medicine and health care.
- Enactus – Collecting donations for meals, medical supplies, and other humanitarian aid for the people of Ukraine and helping relief efforts in Poland.
- Global Impact – Supporting humanitarian efforts by setting up a Ukraine Response Fund.
- International Rescue Committee – Providing food, medical care, and emergency supplies to refugee families in Ukraine.
- Kidsave – Supplying shelter, resources, and food for Ukrainian families and children.
- The Red Cross – Providing emergency services such as food, water, and other essential items to Ukrainian combat zones.
- Save The Children – Delivering immediate aid such as food, water, hygiene kits, psychosocial support and cash assistance to Ukrainian children and families.
- Ukrainian Catholic University Foundation – Collecting funds to provide humanitarian aid to support Ukrainian refugees.
- UN Refugee Agency – Helping displaced families and refugees fleeing conflict zones.