Crowdfunding for schools is on the rise. If you’re looking for an engaging, healthy fundraising event for your school, this is it. Candy bars and cookie dough sales just don’t cut it these days with the rise of obesity and inactivity in our students and youth. That’s why schools are turning to Fun Runs, Readathons and Reading Challenges, Color Run Fundraisers and Community Serve-a-thons to teach students about community engagement, get them moving, and raise lots of cash for your school at the same time. And Crowdfunding (or peer-to-peer fundraising) for Schools works for all age groups from kindergarten and elementary schools (with parental assistance, of course) to high school fundraising campaigns.
If any of these ideas sound good to you – look no further, DoJiggy is the expert in hosting School Crowdfunding and Peer-to-Peer Campaigns.
What are the Benefits of Crowdfunding for Schools?
- Crowdfunding allows your school or PTO organization to expand its reach and share stories with a greater number of people, all while engaging participants directly in their school fundraising campaign.
- As individuals actively fundraise on your school’s behalf, it decreases the need for staff time, while increasing the connection that the individual has with the school and mission.
- It is a unique way of empowering students and classrooms to raise funds on their own.
- While it’s a superb way to fundraise, it can also help your school ‘friend’ raise as well. When a person participates in a crowdfunding campaign it allows more people to understand the importance of your mission, the lives that are touched by your school, and the needs that are met through raising vital funds and expanding reach through knowledge and exposure.
- There are many types of events and projects to choose from – simply select what you feel will be a successful campaign for your school and add the crowd funding component.
- Works for public schools, private schools, charter schools, elementary, middle and high schools, even Universities can run a successful campaign with crowdfunding.
- No candy bar or cookie dough sales are needed!
In sum, Crowdfunding allows your school to expand its reach and open up new windows of opportunity by engaging students and teachers directly in fundraising. Get Started Today!
Utilizing School Crowdfunding Software
Our Crowdfunding software is a complete registration and peer-to-peer donation management platform used for school fundraising events and university fundraising initiatives in which individual and team (classroom) participants collect and track donations and pledges for your school or organization. Crowdfunding for Schools with DoJiggy Pledge allows your school to exponentially multiply your fundraising dollars raised, as each participating student and teacher taps into their group of friends and family to raise funds for your school.
DoJiggy Pledge is a powerful fundraising software platform that manages your school fundraising events seamlessly within a comprehensive, mobile-responsive website and powerful back-end administration and reporting area. Your school administrators will have the convenience of adding student registrations, products and sponsorships with our user-friendly shopping cart. Creating and selling custom products such as fundraising t-shirts, hats, and water bottles are also included and always popular incentives and rewards for school kids. Administrators are able to easily configure registration fees or free registration, school and participant fundraising goals, and an event waiver, which participants read and approve to register. Donors access their students’ fundraising page and make secure online donations to your school.
- Easy participant registrations with few required fields
- Participant import, for schools that want to generate pages for all kids without the need for online registration
- Personal fundraising pages for each student and classroom/teacher, including pictures and videos, a personal mission statement and goal achievement progress
- Secure pledge (ie per lap or other unit of effort) and donation payments can be accepted
- Fundraising thermometers, leaderboards and macros to encourage participation
- Integrated prize management system for top fundraisers and classrooms
- Sponsorship sales & sponsor recognition
- Detailed financial & participant reporting
- Online dashboard for students and participating teachers to send emails, update their personal and classroom web page, manage and track incoming donations
- Included online technical support for all of your crowdfunding campaigns
Features & Benefits of our Crowdfunding Software
- Easy to create, customizable fundraising website
- Templates for Fun Runs, Readathons, Color Run Fundraisers, Swimathons and more events that work great for schools
- Each student and classroom (or teacher) can easily customize their own personal fundraising page to raise money for your school
- Participants can log-in and maintain their webpage, email friends and family, monitor and enter donations
- Works seamlessly with DoJiggy Payments and the industry’s leading payment processors – you handle your intake of money directly and DoJiggy does not take any percentage of your sales
- Allows your supporters to easily take an active role in soliciting funds for your school or university
- Integration with Social Media allows students, teachers and parents to easily post fundraising pages online
- Includes sponsor management and promotion capabilities for your local business supporters
- Offers the option of accepting flat-rate or per unit of effort pledges (ie per lap or per mile) for your crowd funding event
- Auto-generated email receipts & confirmations are sent for all online registrations, sponsor registrations, and product purchases
- Detailed financial tracking & reporting is available in the administration area
- Real-time macros for the Top Fundraising Teams & Individuals, Classroom Participation, Overall Goal Achievement and more
- Comprehensive fundraising software platform with everything at your fingertips
Tips for Crowdfunding Success at Your School
- Ensure that your crowdfunding website is responsive and readily visible on mobile devices. The majority of social media interaction is done on mobile devices and your crowdfunding website will be accessed through social media.
- Stories are of utmost importance in fundraising. Students and teachers should share their reason for loving the school and the importance of the funds raised.
- It is important that individuals raising funds and giving funds are able to see the progress of their campaign. DoJiggy Pledge crowdfunding sites use fundraising thermometers at the campaign, classroom, and individual fundraiser levels.
- Every crowdfunding for schools campaign must be able to be shared on social media with ease. By ensuring that individuals can easily share links to events and the campaign itself creates an ease in access for people wishing to give their financial support.
- Your role as an administrator is to support and motivate your participants. Create weekly campaign progress reports that are sent out to each classroom so that everyone understands where the campaign stands in terms of goals and which individuals are the highest performers.
- Weave a culture of gratitude through every step of your campaign progress. By making sure participants and their parents feel appreciated and supported, you will increase the likelihood of their enthusiastic support and future participation. A simple thank-you note to parents is much appreciated. And of course, incentivize and reward your students with great prizes.
School Crowdfunding by Grade Level
Of course, there are further considerations depending on the grade level of your students. High school fundraisers can be largely managed by motivated high school students who love technology and gaming, whereas elementary school fundraising is largely managed by parents and PTO groups. Read our articles on these groups to learn more about crowdfunding at the appropriate grade level for your students or contact us for information on crowdfunding and peer-to-peer fundraising for your school.