Crowdfunding for schools is on the rise. If you’re looking for an engaging, healthy fundraising event for your school, this is it. Candy bars and cookie dough sales just don’t cut it these days with the rise of obesity and inactivity in our students and youth. That’s why schools are turning to Fun Runs, Reading Challenges, Color Run Fundraisers and Community Serve-a-thons to teach students about community engagement, get them moving, and raise lots of cash for your school at the same time. Crowdfunding (or peer to peer fundraising) for schools works for all age groups from kindergarten and elementary schools (with parental assistance, of course) to high school fundraising campaigns.
If any of these ideas sound good to you – look no further, DoJiggy is the expert in hosting School Crowdfunding and Peer-to-Peer Campaigns.
What are the Benefits of Crowdfunding for Schools?
There are many benefits of crowdfunding, including:
- Crowdfunding allows your school or PTO organization to expand its reach and share stories with a greater number of people, all while engaging participants directly in their school fundraising campaign.
- As individuals actively fundraise on your school’s behalf, it decreases the need for staff time, while increasing the connection that the individual has with the school and mission.
- It is a unique way of empowering students and classrooms to raise funds on their own.
- While it’s a superb way to fundraise, it can also help your school ‘friend’ raise as well. When a person participates in a crowdfunding campaign it allows more people to understand the importance of your mission, the lives that are touched by your school, and the needs that are met through raising vital funds and expanding reach through knowledge and exposure.
- There are many types of events and projects to choose from – simply select what you feel will be a successful campaign for your school and add the crowd funding component.
- Works for public schools, private schools, charter schools, elementary, middle and high schools, even Universities can run a successful campaign with crowdfunding.
- No candy bar or cookie dough sales are needed!
In sum, Crowdfunding allows your school to expand its reach and open up new windows of opportunity by engaging students and teachers directly in fundraising. Get Started Today!
Utilizing School Crowdfunding Software
Our Crowdfunding software is a complete registration and peer-to-peer donation management platform used for school fundraising events and university fundraising initiatives in which individual and team (classroom) participants collect and track donations and pledges for your school or organization. Crowdfunding for Schools allows your school to exponentially multiply your fundraising dollars raised, as each participating student and teacher taps into their social network to raise funds for your school.
DoJiggy Crowdfund is a powerful fundraising software platform that manages your school and academy fundraising events seamlessly within a comprehensive, mobile-first website and powerful back-end administration and reporting area. School administrators will have the convenience of selling custom products such as fundraising t-shirts, hats, and water bottles are also included and always popular incentives and rewards for school kids. Administrators are able to easily configure registration fees or free registration, school and participant fundraising goals, and an event waiver, which participants read and approve to register. Donors access their students’ fundraising page via a custom link and make secure online donations to your school.
- Easy participant registrations with few required fields
- Participant import, for schools that want to generate pages for all kids without the need for online registration
- Personal fundraising pages for each student and classroom/teacher, including pictures and videos, a personal mission statement and goal achievement progress
- Secure pledge (ie per lap, minute or other unit of effort) and donation payments can be accepted with our Athon component
- Fundraising thermometers, leaderboards, and macros to encourage participation
- Integrated prize management system for top fundraisers and classrooms
- Free text fundraising is included
- Sponsor recognition and links
- Detailed financial and participant reporting
- Students can customize their fundraising page
- Included online technical support for all of your crowdfunding campaigns
Features & Benefits of our Crowdfunding Platform
Our comprehensive crowdfunding software platform has everything at your fingertips. Start with our easy to create, customizable fundraising website templates.
- Each student and classroom (or teacher) can easily customize their own personal fundraising page to raise money for your school
- Participants can log-in and maintain their webpage and monitor donations
- Works seamlessly with Stripe payment processing – you handle the intake of money directly
- Allows your supporters to easily take an active role in soliciting funds for your school or university
- Integration with Social Media allows students, teachers, and parents to easily post fundraising pages online
- Includes sponsor promotion capabilities for your local business supporters
- Administrators have the ability to offer donor perks
- Offers the option of accepting flat-rate or per unit of effort pledges (ie per lap or per mile) for your crowdfunding event
- Auto-generated email receipts and confirmations are sent for all online registrations and donations
- Detailed financial tracking and reporting is available in the administration area
- Real-time leaderboards for the Top Fundraising Teams & Individuals
- Crowdfunding pages can be integrated into our Simple Stores or raffle fundraising platforms
Tips for Crowdfunding Success at Your School
Working with hundreds of school crowdfunding campaigns, here are some fundraising tips we’ve learned to help organizations raise more:
- Select a specific project or goal for your school fundraising and be sure that your supporters know what you are going to accomplish. We’ve seen schools successfully raise money for new playgrounds, libraries, computer labs and STEM programs. Letting donors visualize where their money is going will increase donations.
- Ensure that your crowdfunding website is mobile-responsive with mobile giving features enabled. The majority of social media interaction is done on mobile devices and your crowdfunding website will be accessed through social media.
- Stories are of utmost importance in fundraising. Students and teachers should share their reason for loving the school and the importance of the funds raised.
- It is important that individuals raising funds and giving funds are able to see the progress of their campaign. DoJiggy Crowdfund sites use fundraising thermometers at the campaign, classroom, and individual fundraiser levels.
- Every crowdfunding campaign must be able to be shared on social media with ease. By ensuring that individuals can easily share links to events and the campaign itself creates ease in access for people wishing to give their financial support.
- Private schools, academies and university crowdfunding campaigns should seek to target school alumni.
- Your role as an administrator is to support and motivate your participants. Create weekly campaign progress reports that are sent out to each classroom so that everyone understands where the campaign stands in terms of goals and which individuals are the highest performers.
- Weave a culture of gratitude through every step of your campaign progress. By making sure participants and their parents feel appreciated and supported, you will increase the likelihood of their enthusiastic support and future participation. A simple thank-you note to parents is much appreciated.
- And of course, incentivize and reward your students with great prizes.
Crowdfunding by Grade Level
There are always further considerations for your crowdfunding campaigns, which depend on the grade level of your students. High school fundraisers can be largely managed by motivated high school students who love technology and gaming, whereas elementary school fundraising is largely managed by parents and PTO groups. Read our articles on these groups to learn more about crowdfunding at the appropriate grade level for your students or contact us for information on crowdfunding and peer-to-peer fundraising for your school.